New Research Study Proves Innovation Training Works
Dr. Detlef Reis (Dr. D), the founder of Thinkergy, presented the results of a research study at The ISPIM Innovation Summit 2016 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last week. The paper titled "Training Business People in Structured Innovation: Uncovering the Innovation Learner's Experience" revealed some significant insights into innovation training.
The study aimed to shed more light on the following research questions:
1. What is going on inside learners’ minds while undertaking a training program in business creativity and applied innovation?
2. How might educators use the insights drawn from the learners’ experiences to design more effective creativity and innovation training programs?
3. How do learners value and subsequently personalize the benefits of using a structured innovation method and related thinking tools?
The outcomes of this study provide insights for innovation educators and facilitators of innovation workshops on to design more effective creativity and innovation courses in line with the learning experience of business professionals. Some of the key insight from the study include:
- Over twice as many participants considered themselves to be "highly creative" upon completion of the training
- 72% strongly agreed that "individual creativity can be improved through training and exercises" while the remaining 28% somewhat agreed or were neutral.
- Business professionals asserted that such a course improved their creative competence and confidence.
- They also the confirmed that using a systematic innovation method increases the quantity and quality of insights, ideas and innovative outputs.
- 74% strongly agreed that the "use of thinking tools leads to more meaningful value creation.
Creative skills can be effectively taught to and acquired by business professionals in a course that combines theoretical instructions with the practical application on real-life innovation cases like those found in X-IDEA.
Click here to download the complete paper and slide deck from the ISPIM Innovation Summit.
Posted on Wed, December 14, 2016
by ThinkergyUS filed under