New Research Study Proves Innovation Training Works

New Research Study Proves Innovation Training Works

Dr. Detlef Reis (Dr. D), the founder of Thinkergy, presented the results of a research study at The ISPIM Innovation Summit 2016 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last week. The paper titled "Training Business People in Structured Innovation: Uncovering the Innovation Learner's Experience" revealed some significant insights into innovation training. 

The study aimed to shed more light on the following research questions:

1. What is going on inside learners’ minds while undertaking a training program in business creativity and applied innovation?

2. How might educators use the insights drawn from the learners’ experiences to design more effective creativity and innovation training programs?

3. How do learners value and subsequently personalize the benefits of using a structured innovation method and related thinking tools?


The outcomes of this study provide insights for innovation educators and facilitators of innovation workshops on to design more effective creativity and innovation courses in line with the learning experience of business professionals. Some of the key insight from the study include:

  • Over twice as many participants considered themselves to be "highly creative" upon completion of the training
  • 72% strongly agreed that "individual creativity can be improved through training and exercises" while the remaining 28% somewhat agreed or were neutral. 
  • Business professionals asserted that such a course improved their creative competence and confidence.
  • They also the confirmed that using a systematic innovation method increases the quantity and quality of insights, ideas and innovative outputs.
  • 74% strongly agreed that the "use of thinking tools leads to more meaningful value creation.

Creative skills can be effectively taught to and acquired by business professionals in a course that combines theoretical instructions with the practical application on real-life innovation cases like those found in X-IDEA.

Click here to download the complete paper and slide deck from the ISPIM Innovation Summit.

10 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

Mon, May 13, 2019 @ 7:07 AM

2. wrote:
It's amazing to visit this web page and reading the
views of all mates regarding this post, while I am also zealous
of getting experience.

Mon, July 1, 2019 @ 11:38 AM

3. wrote:
Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are
a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

Mon, July 8, 2019 @ 11:17 PM

4. wrote:
If you want to improve your experience only keep visiting
this web page and be updated with the most recent information posted here.

Wed, July 24, 2019 @ 2:05 AM

5. wrote:
Post writing is also a fun, if you be familiar
with after that you can write otherwise it
is difficult to write.

Thu, July 25, 2019 @ 5:19 AM

6. wrote:
Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of info on your page.
Im really impressed by it.
Hello there, You have done an excellent job. I'll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
I am confident they'll be benefited from this web site.

Wed, July 31, 2019 @ 11:21 AM

7. wrote:
Excellent pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your page.
Im really impressed by it.
Hello there, You have done a great job. I will certainly digg
it and personally suggest to my friends.

I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

Sun, August 18, 2019 @ 12:02 PM

8. wrote:
Very nice article, totally what I wanted to find.

Fri, September 6, 2019 @ 5:44 PM

9. wrote:
Amazing! Its truly amazing post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this piece of writing.

Wed, September 25, 2019 @ 8:27 PM

10. wrote:
I don't know whether it's just me or if everyone
else experiencing issues with your website. It seems like some of the text within your content are running off the screen.
Can somebody else please provide feedback and let
me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a issue with my web browser
because I've had this happen before. Thanks

Tue, October 22, 2019 @ 4:46 AM

Add a New Comment


Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.